RE: Capability Negotiation for OCP

2003-04-18 11:18:33

One of the PPP authors told me several years ago that PPP only used two
messages; perhaps it has changed.  IKE does use just the two messages.

Preference of A1 over A2 is expressed as (A1 or A2); preference of A2 over
A1 is expressed as (A2 or A1), just like compilers do it.

OPES will have a rule compiler, it can certainly have a preference
compiler.

Hilarie

 I do not follow you. PPP has configure-request, configure-response,
 configure-nak and configure-rej to indicate that some capabilities are
 not-acceptable and others the peer proposes a differente value.

 Anyway, I understand your proposal, but is awkard to put every single
 acceptable value/range/strings for every capability. There might be
 excessive overhead. On another point, how would you express preference of A1
 over A2? I guess ((A1) or A2)?

 Alex,

 In order to leverage cached negotiations, we can ask every negotiation to
 bear a identification number that is unique. Other negotiations can refer to
 it.

 Regards,

 Reinaldo