Re: SOAP and OCP

2003-04-22 10:28:39

Abbie Barbir wrote:

u have to deal with this option anyway.
Once u define generic OCP you will end having OCP over XXX over yyy over zzz
etc...

No, not if we only define *one* "OCP over XXX", i.e. only one transport protocol binding.

Sure, it *might* turn out that there's be a need to have multiple transport bindings, in which case this option should be discussed. But I've not yet seen a convincing, *specific and practial relevant* case that would required multiple such bindings.

We can probably come back to this question once we've decided on a (first) OCP transport binding, and then we can really answer whether this is sufficient. I just want to caution that we should *not* assume to have multliple OCP transport bindings per default. I'd rather suggest we try to have a single such binding, and only if it turns out to be absolutely necessary, we might consider others.