RE: SOAP and OCP

2003-04-22 12:08:56
If other protocols than http are supported my "filter" is "can the DNS be supported". The application being the missing IDNA solution for Internationalized TLDs.

I am sure that SOAP is quite heavy/slow to support that. The architecture yet is simple: The OPES processor receives a querry with an unkown TLD. It OCP it to a DNS.2 server which responds both the meaning of the TLD and the IP addresses of its zone server for the calling OPES Processor. The Path leaves the calling party to decide to use the proposed IP address (lcoal TLD) or not.
jfc