Re: OCP and IAB considerations

2003-05-20 20:54:47

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Markus Hofmann wrote:

    1. "lean and mean":
       Each draft has its own IAB Considerations section
       addressing only relevant considerations (if any)

    2. "can never be too careful":
       Each draft has its own IAB Considerations section
       addressing all 9 considerations (explaining
       irrelevance where needed and pointing to relevant
       drafts)

    3. "all under one roof":
       One dedicated "Addressing IAB Considerations" draft
       addressing all 9 considerations (pointing to relevant
       drafts as needed). Other drafts simply refer to
       this dedicated draft from their Introductions.

I somewhat like option 3, with a reference to the "all under one roof"
document in each of the other OPES docments. I'm sceptical about
option 1...

OK. Let's focus on option #3 then. If nothing else, it will save IAB a
lot of time if they decide to check how we are addressing their
concerns.

I'll check with our ADs whether there would be a preferred option.

Good idea, please do! I assume it is not possible or appropriate to
check with IAB folks directly? I can put a stub draft together if you
get no objections to #3 from ADs. There will be no "IAB
Considerations" section in the OCP draft until the issue is resolved
one way or the other.

Thank you,