real world requests

2003-05-27 03:21:19

While in the process of trying to sell a budget for developping OCP, I meet requests coming from different WGs I would like to note for the records.

1. support of sub-schemes. Let say I want to access http://abc.com in French. I would like to use the RFC 3066 code for French (fre) and type http-fre://abc.com and have a translating OPES taking over.

2. Longhorn (Windows 2005) will abandon the notion of user files and replace them by blobs in a BillSQL database (partly as Dick Pick was also doing). This seems of interest to OCP. I maybe wrong but this may introduce an interesting security feature. OCP can transport Longhorn crypted blobs to Longhorn receiver. We have an end-to-end user security without any interface CPU load.

3. in domotics/immotics we may have peered systems actings as OPES where OCP may become the basic long distance protocol. Let say I have two places: home and a chalet in the Alps. I can set-up an OPES in each place filtering the home traffic. When the OPES see that a required information is known or decided by the systems in the oher place they introduce it. The problems which prevent that for years are both an easy to manage dispatcher at the right layer and a secure protocol.

4. in my DNS line of thinking, the support of the PNS (private naming space) together with the DNS could be the same way. The basic idea of the PNS working group is to use 1 letter TLDs as the network side of 1 letter schemes local disks. C:> means your C local disk, http://xxx.c means in your ".c" private space. All the DNS (protocol) calls could be trough an OPES redirecting them depending on the alias I gave to ".c" or to "xxx.c" (some kind of dynamic DNAME).

jfc