Re: Publishing Tracing Draft as WG Document

2003-05-30 11:57:15

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Markus Hofmann wrote:

Alex Rousskov wrote:

IMO, the draft in question will not address notification at all. The
"IAB Treatment" draft addresses notification. Since we provide no
protocol-level support for notifications, there is no reason to talk
about them in the technical draft. Moreover, if somebody wants to
support notifications directly, they will write a separate "OPES
Notification" draft.  The "IAB Treatment" draft will discuss why we
concentrate on tracing and how notification is assisted by tracing.

That's correct. Point is that we *will* have to address the
notification issue somewhere; doing this in the "IAB
considerations/Treatment/whatever" draft is fine, if we keep in mind
that this is likely to require technical argumentation as well.

I agree. The Treatment draft already has some wording explaining the
tracing versus notification trade-off, mostly based on Abbie's
original text.