RE: [end points comm] OPES System

2003-08-14 12:05:00

Alex,
Hilarie point was correct and I think your response is final.

At 16:51 14/08/03, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman wrote:

> My point about TSA is that there is no way to determine if items were
> lost by TSA or the airline.

My point is that you should not care who lost the items. The only
thing you should care about is who you should complain to (and,
eventually, who will compensate you for your losses).

True as a passenger. But the Airline needs to know it (and probably to be able to document it a lot?). So the trace MUST tell it.

It is not information loss. It is information/responsibility encapsulation.
You do not need to know more than "who is responsible". The
responsible party does not want you to know more than that they are
responsible (but the trace may embed more opaque-to-you information to
help them troubleshoot, of course; just like your bags have barcodes
that you cannot understand but that are useful to the airline).

This is the exact need we have: opaque information.

I was told that when French Customs and Gendarmerie were asked to use TCP/IP to deversify from OSI they encapsulated the OSI packets into TCP/IP datagram and added crypted tracing data. This means that Hackers packets come with information about the hacker. May be someone knows better about their architecture? I think the idea interesting.

jfc