RE: [end points comm] OPES System

2003-08-14 15:56:17

At 19:27 14/08/03, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman wrote:

> Airlines have no responsibility or ability to recover passenger
> items from government inspectors.  Don't repeat this mistake in
> designing protocols.

I do not think we are repeating any mistakes yet. Government
inspectors are, apparently, outside of the airline equivalent of the
OPES system and, hence, are not in the scope of this discussion.
According to your comments, they are similar to a "transparent" proxy
adapting traffic without either end authorization; we do not consider
such entities because we cannot regulate them. We only consider
entities that want to be called OPES entities and want to obey OPES
rules.

This is a nice description of a hacker. Trace must help tro know who has been hacked.

> OPES processors MUST support tracing.

We are not discussing what OPES processors must support. We are
discussing what OPES entities MUST be represented in any OPES trace.
IMO, only OPES systems MUST be represented.

Please! Why are saying that again?
As per (y)our previous definition there is only one system in use (even if user may call on different system. "only OPES domains MUST be presented".
jfc