RE: [end points comm] OPES System

2003-08-14 17:17:16

On 01:43 15/08/03, Alex Rousskov said:
The purpose of the trace is not to count OPES systems (there can be no
more than one on the other end), but to identify the OPES system (if
any).

OK. If you name that a Trace (I would name that a signature) good to me.

As for OPES domains, it is not yet clear for me what they are in your
definition. Nevertheless, I believe that the other end MUST receive at
least one trace entry. If domains (whatever they are) within an OPES
system decide to disclose their identity, that's up to them.

I name an OPES domain the area of reponsibility of an operator.
That information MUST be traced (even if totally or partially opaque).

1. to be informed of/if (which) different "boarders" have been crossed.

2. to be informed of the possible loops or creeps.
    If I expect 2 domain booarders to be crossed and I am reported
   10, I  know that an unexpected recursion happened.

3. To prevent some operators domain to be accessed is a need.
    The report of the domain being crossed is therefore a need.

4. The reporting can be opque to permut concerned domains
    to get the store the private info they need in case of trouble
    shouting.

jfc