RE: [end points comm] OPES System

2003-08-14 16:43:31

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, jfcm wrote:

We are not discussing what OPES processors must support. We are
discussing what OPES entities MUST be represented in any OPES
trace. IMO, only OPES systems MUST be represented.

Please! Why are saying that again?
As per (y)our previous definition there is only one system in use (even if
user may call on different system. "only OPES domains MUST be presented".

The purpose of the trace is not to count OPES systems (there can be no
more than one on the other end), but to identify the OPES system (if
any).

As for OPES domains, it is not yet clear for me what they are in your
definition. Nevertheless, I believe that the other end MUST receive at
least one trace entry. If domains (whatever they are) within an OPES
system decide to disclose their identity, that's up to them.

Alex.