Re: OPES Re-Charter

2004-06-10 15:11:36

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Markus Hofmann wrote:

Interest was also expressed on an "OCP Security" draft. However,
given past participation/experience and given that only five folks
offered active participation, one might be reluctant to add items on
top of the two mentioned above. As such, I'd suggest to keep a new
charter narrow and focused on OCP/SMTP profile and rules language.
Once these items have been completed successfully, additional items
could possibly be worked into a future re-charter.

I do not have a problem with the above, but I would suggest that those
interested working on the security draft, still do it as a individual
draft and submit it for WG consideration when it is almost ready. We
can have the corresponding "consider adoption of security draft, if
any" item on the charter, without committing any WG work at this
point. The charter can be easily expanded later if the draft is
adopted. Would that work for others?

P.S. I will post my comments regarding OCP/SMTP and P specifics later.