RE: OPES Re-Charter

2004-06-10 18:30:56

Alex,

fine with me
abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Rousskov [mailto:rousskov(_at_)measurement-factory(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 6:12 PM
To: Markus Hofmann
Cc: OPES Group
Subject: Re: OPES Re-Charter

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Markus Hofmann wrote:

Interest was also expressed on an "OCP Security" draft.
However, given
past participation/experience and given that only five
folks offered
active participation, one might be reluctant to add items on top of
the two mentioned above. As such, I'd suggest to keep a new charter
narrow and focused on OCP/SMTP profile and rules language.
Once these
items have been completed successfully, additional items could
possibly be worked into a future re-charter.

I do not have a problem with the above, but I would suggest
that those interested working on the security draft, still do
it as a individual draft and submit it for WG consideration
when it is almost ready. We can have the corresponding
"consider adoption of security draft, if any" item on the
charter, without committing any WG work at this point. The
charter can be easily expanded later if the draft is adopted.
Would that work for others?

P.S. I will post my comments regarding OCP/SMTP and P specifics later.