Re: Re[2]: Restarting the 40-bit debate

1997-05-08 11:11:49
Folks,

  Can we please not have any more notes that have nothing to do with
  the spec?  Thanks.

  Now for something completely different:

  Given the rapidly increasing power of computing power, it may be
  futile to specify any number of bits in the spec.  Perhaps we should
  replace all the n-bit language with something like:

    A compliant agent will generate or accept n-bit keys, where n is
    an arbitrary number determined by protocol or out of band by the
    interested parties.

Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.