Re: Re[2]: Restarting the 40-bit debate

1997-05-08 17:28:59
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:
guess it depends on how valuable the data is.

  Exactly.

  If I whisper sweet nothings to my wife in an email message, one bit
  is sufficient to keep the casual voyeur without tools from viewing
  the message in a readable spool area on a badly managed site.  That
  would be good enough for me.  (I suppose base64 would do the same
  thing ;-).

  Is this use relevant for the spec to cover?

Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.