Re: [Cfrg] [saag] Further MD5 breaks: Creating a rogue CAcertificate

2008-12-31 10:29:33
Santosh Chokhani wrote:
One would think we want to start using SHA-1 or even SHA256 (assuming
client vendors implement SHA256 ASAP) and ask the CAs emanating from
commercial roots to perform responsible I&A before issuing certificates.

Speaking of I&A, I found it interesting to note that the CA/Browser forum guidelines for EV certs allows (but recommends against) MD5 until 2010.

The spot check of EV issuers I did yesterday didn't turn up anyone actually using MD5, but I didn't have all of 'em available.

-- Tim