Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

2002-04-02 12:40:45

James Seng wrote:

It is also okay if you wish to start from UDNS, a draft which I find
it is reasonable altho incomplete. Talk to Oscarsson if you wish but
lets put it down in writing.

Dan should certainly be encouraged to resubmit his UDNS proposal, but in
the meantime, I would like to point out that draft-hall-dm-idns-00.txt is
the dual-mode draft that is currently in the WG pool. Perhaps your
confusion stems from the I-D-N.net web site, which still lists UDNS as an
active document, and which does not list DM-IDNS.

[For the record, message <016c01c14c76$ea176c20$dd00a8c0(_at_)jamessonyvaio>
shows that UDNS was removed from the pool on Oct 4, 2001 while message
<023301c172ee$62f4fc50$0701000a(_at_)jamessonyvaio> shows that DM-IDNS was
accepted into the WG pool on Nov 22, 2001. Don't rely on the web site.]