Re: email standards proposal for 'bulk' mail

2003-10-20 11:59:10

At 2:39 PM -0400 10/20/03, Keith Moore wrote:
It seems more than a tad rude for them to try to circumvent IETF
in an area (email standards) that is traditionally IETF territory

Email best practices is not "traditionally IETF territory". The few documents that we have published in this realm are widely ignored. I doubt that the folks on this mailing list could even name the RFCs without help.

There are some good ideas in their document; there are also some
seriously dubious ones that at the very least need justification.

Fully agree.

I'd love to seem them submit Internet-Drafts and open the discussion.

Fully agree.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium