Re: email standards proposal for 'bulk' mail

2003-10-20 16:37:23

So I think it would be helpful for this community to formulate some
concrete suggestions, to augment, correct, guide, or whatever, the work
Anne's group is doing.

I can suggest two concrete actions:

1. draft a detailed comment on their document.
2. write our own document specifying technical standards for bulk and/or
   mailings.

the hard part about #1 is that we don't really have any process for gaining
consensus on comments to be made to an ad hoc "standards" organization.

I think we should do #2 regardless.  It doesn't necessarily conflict with
the efforts of their organization, but there is some overlap between the
topics.