Re: Can reputable domains stop outgoing spam?

2005-03-10 20:20:22

Has AOL suffered any impairment?

I have had a couple of reports of legitimate email being bounced due to AOL using SPF. The mail was sent from an AOL user to an address on a non-AOL server, and that address was set to forward to an AOL account.

Do you know what caused the problem?

SPF breaks forwarding <http://spf.pobox.com/faq.html#forwarding>.

I'm interested in what impairment AOL has suffered as a result of their policy to eliminate *outgoing* spam.

Outgoing spam from AOL systems, or outgoing spam from other systems with AOL domains in the email addresses?

If the former, what is their policy to eliminate outgoing outgoing spam from their systems, and what are the relevant technical issues?

Glenn.