Re: Who will lead the fight for email authentication

2005-05-20 12:58:05

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 05:23:36PM -0700, David MacQuigg wrote:
My first choice is a solution that is entirely voluntary.  If that doesn't
happen, then some large organization is going to have to give it a
push.

I will never support a registry and depend on it for blocking or
accepting emails that is based on only one organization/company. And the
same holds for a registry that is based on companies from only one country.

If the chief of government of this country declares that all messages from
another country or comapny are a "seed of the evil" he will force the
company to delist their mailservers.
However there are things about which I like/trust my opinions more than
those of others. And I don't think I am the only one.

        \Maex

P.S. There is no USA bashing intended with this post. I do think there
     are at least some dozen other countries where this could happen
     in total analogy and I fear Germany would be one of them: a local
     government forces ISPs to deny access to webpages that deny
     what happend during WWII (which is forbidden by law in Germany).
--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299