Re: proposed Received-SPF trace header

2005-05-24 22:52:50

In <20050523143018(_dot_)GG89934(_at_)verdi> John Leslie
<john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net> writes:

wayne <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wrote:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

which includes:
]
] 7.  The Received-SPF header field

   We SHOULD discuss on this list whether such a header can be considered
a "trace field"; and I'd like to suggest that we do so in a context of
what "envelope information" means.

Thanks for raising this issue John.  Yes, I am very interested in
whether the Received-SPF header can be considered a trace header.  As
an optional part of the SPF spec, it is one of the least tested
aspects of SPF.

Note that in my post to the ietf-822 list, I pointed out that the
Received-SPF header is not correctly defined to always end in a CRLF.
This will be fixed in the next release.

-wayne