Re: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

2005-05-25 10:20:56

Bruce Lilly wrote:

 [STD 10]
If a rogue sender at foo.edu sent mail with a reverse
path of nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de which bounced, when the
bounce got back to foo.edu, the @foo.edu part of the route
would be stripped, leaving nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de, and
that's where the bounce would go.

Exactly.  So foo.edu would have to send it to the (forged)
address.  The crap takes up place in their mail queue.  And
I'd ask them why they accepted it from an unknown stranger.

I'd post every "misdirected bounce" in nanas, pointing out
that foo.edu is rogue.  I'd submit foo.edu to an open relay
test (adjust details to fit in this "alternate past" fiction).

Of course I'd block them, no more mails (incl. "misdirected
bounces") from foo.edu.  Until they stop this abuse.  Bye