Re: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

2005-05-31 20:27:56

Bruce Lilly wrote:

Now it sounds like an ordinary alias-style forwarder to
third parties (5.3.6(a) in 1123).

No, manual mailing from me.

Okay, that was my third and last attempt to guess what you're
talking about, if you want WXYZ puzzles with W = X = 2 we're
on the wrong list.

if the receivers white list your mailouts
[...]
You're grasping at straws.

That was an enumeration of theoretical possibilities, I said
_could_ and not should.

It's a perfectly normal case for SPF that a primary MX getting
mail from a secondary MX white lists the latter.  If somebody
trusts your manual relaying or whatever it is he _could_ white
list you - of course not for a dyn. IP and an invalid HELO.

Reliable MX services are something you can arrange (e.g. buy),

It's amazing how willing some FUSSP proponents are to spend
other peoples' money...

And that was an idea how to run your own MTA with a dyn. IP and
a reliable MX.  If you're not interested in those bounces, fine,
stay away from SPF FAIL protected MAIL FROMs.  You simply have
no business to use their MAIL FROMs, otherwise they'd permit it.