Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-28 23:10:30

Keith Moore wrote:

we need email to work a lot more often than 50% of the time.
really, one failure in ten thousand legitimate messages is
too high...we should be able to achieve one failure in a
hundred thousand messages or better.

Is that the principle why the IESG approved a mail experiment
where each and every mail with MAIL FROM != 2822-From without
2822-Sender fails, if the MAIL FROM has a v=spf1 FAIL-policy ?

Intentionally causing harm.

for most of us on this list, a system that only works a
"majority" of the time isn't nearly reliable enough.

I'd love to believe you, but unfortunately I can't.  Bye