Re: CBV in the real world (was Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification)

2005-06-29 17:08:26

From: <Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:30:08 EDT, Hector Santos said:

1) Considering the fact you were having bandwidth issues
with your RBL setup, this is a clear corrective manner on
your end.  For example,  decreasing your own socket
timeouts for your RBL lookups.

Now you're trying to tell Rolf what he has to do to make
your mail server work.

No.  But if one wants to be part of the solution, it has to be a community
effort.  That's a general statement.

Just consider yourself.  You use PGP/MINE and a vary large percentage of the
world population has to go thru the extra steps to be able to read your
mail.   For me, your mail comes in as attachments.

But I understand. You know better, blame the other guys software and
everyone else should change to accommodate you.    No problem with that
feeling. I can understand it.  Just realize the hypocrisy in your targeted
statements.

Thanks Valdis!  You're the man! <g>

http://www.santronics.com