Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-28 18:42:05
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:20:50 EDT, Hector Santos said:

 I can increase the timeout, but you must understand, it will to address the
exception rather than the rule.  The real world DOES NOT have delay RCPT TO
value of 35 seconds or more.   That is a fact.  I can 100% understand that
it is concern and consideration, but to state the "Real world of the
intenet" I don't agree with.  Thats like sayiing all the installations are
just boozo systems leaving in non-real world environments when on the
countrary, hardly any our mail business customers are hobbiest but small to
large ISP and businesses world wide.   If it was a problem - guaranteed, it
would of been DUMP along ago.   The real world don't have long delays at
RCPT TO.

So are you saying that Rolf's machine isn't a real part of the Internet, or
that your Real World excludes problematic cases like Rolf's machine?

I'm trying to understand, so that when you say "real world", I know which pieces
of the production network you're excluding....