Re: Classifying gateways in 2821/ 2821bis

2005-09-09 22:47:27

--On Thursday, 08 September, 2005 20:29 +0100 Chris Haynes
<chris(_at_)harvington(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk> wrote:

For me, the question I now have of your model is:

Is it intended to be descriptive of 'what is and has been'?

Or is it intended to form the basis for some different,
proscriptive
approaches?

As the point of the 2821bis exercise appears to be to
re-formulate
what is and has been, rather than make any substantive changes,
then I guess the model will end up being simply descriptive
and will have whatever bumps and dents need to be
made in it to fit whatever history has put into *821.

For better or worse, yes.
    john