Re: mail store vs. message store

2007-03-19 09:52:00

Given the pervasive use of MS for Microsoft, wouldn't it be a good idea to use a different abbreviation entirely?

-Jim

Dave Crocker wrote:

Folks,

It has been pointed out to me that the email-arch document uses the words for "MS" inconsistently, varying between "message store" and "mail store".

On check their use in the IETF context -- even within a single email working group -- I find that indeed, I'm not the only one varying between the terms.

Although the document purports to describe Internet *mail*, I am going to define MS to mean "message store", unless enough of you object.

d/