Re: rfc2821bis-01 Issue 17: all contination lines must use same code

2007-04-10 15:02:01

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Tony Hansen wrote:

I'm not suggesting that this use be blessed within 2821bis. However, I
could easily see an extension I-D being written that defines and blesses
its usage. So I wouldn't want to deny its possibility within 2821bis. I
guess I'm falling into the (ii) camp here.

How would you see it working with extension ID? I mean the server
really does not know if client would accept this or not so the only
way to do is to have client issue some kind of extension keyword
during "RCPT" or "MAIL" or "DATA" but then question becomes which
one as none really fit all that well (or rather you need one issued
for each and everyone to really be correct). Is that really worth it?
I think its better that if it works with existing servers that you
specify it as part of bis.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks