Re: recap rfc2821bis-01 Issue 17: all contination lines must use same code

2007-04-11 16:34:35

John C Klensin wrote:

> That is a long-winded way of saying that I've gradually become
> convinced that (iii) is the only plausible and responsible
> option.

And its the worst decision you can make. You will hurting progress, not helping it and I strong say that as one of the long time commercial SMTP developer. You gain absolutely nothing here with (iii) and it will goes against 25 years of time tested last line reply code logic.

Terrible decision, I'm completely flabbergasted by all this.

--
HLS