Re: rfc2821bis-01 Issue 18: Usability of 1yz replies

2007-04-22 15:39:10

David F. Skoll wrote:

>> The CODE is broken if it reads a continuation line as
>> the response code.

> It's obvious to me that using DIFFERENT reply codes as part of the
> SAME reply is "broken".

Even after all the screaming that the SMTP server is now broken for what would was perfectly legal for 25 years but now is insanely made illegal in 2821bis, I'm willing to bet that you STILL write your CLIENT code, if not already, to accept this:

   150-
   150-
   250

If you say you will not adjust your software to honor this, and choose instead to drop connections and then pass the buck to your operators and/or SMTP server vendor then good luck! <g>

--
HLS