Nitpicking typos (was: Re: rfc2821bis-01 Issue 18: Usability of 1yz replies)

2007-04-22 14:35:58

--On Sunday, 22 April, 2007 22:23 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:

Nitpicking typos:

- 1yz  Positive Preliminary reply The command has been
+ 1yz  Positive Preliminary reply:  The command has been
- 2yz  Positive Completion reply The requested action has
+ 2yz  Positive Completion reply:  The requested action has
- 3yz  Positive Intermediate reply The command has been
+ 3yz  Positive Intermediate reply:  The command has been
- 4yz  Transient Negative Completion reply The command was
+ 4yz  Transient Negative Completion reply:  The command was
- 5yz  Permanent Negative Completion reply The command was
+ 5yz  Permanent Negative Completion reply:  The command was

Yeah, that's stupid, the RFC editor could fix it anyway, but
I think that 2821bis should be a show case.  As you said
nobody will ever touch it again.

There is an interesting history as to why this got to be the way
it is in -02.   I have successfully changed the formatting to
that used in 2821 (and 821).   If people don't like that, I can
insert colons... or we can decide that getting to this level of
detail indicates that we are finished :-)