Re: rfc2821bis-03 Issue 25: Re: Recap Issues 0b/21/25

2007-04-30 16:02:31

John Leslie wrote:

"Reject at the border" is already becoming a normal practice: be
patient...

Cando if 2821bis helps to encourage it... :-)

We cannot presume universal use of SPF.

Yes, it would be also against the spirit of voluntary deployment.
For a "worldwide upgrade FUSSP" it's too complex, if that would
be possible (it's not) it could be done with a simpler technique.

OTOH, I could live with your wording...

Which of the three proposed qualifiers does the trick for you ?

For the "normal" case (in my parallel universe that's an SPF PASS
or a similar case :-) I'd like to keep the "MUST bounce" as it was.

Don't hang on too tight to that horse -- it's pining for the
fjords... :^(

Yes.  We've to find a course between Scylla "accept + bounce" and
Charybdis "accept + silently drop".  And there's a common factor
in both undesirable outcomes. <eg>

Frank