Re: acceptings partically a message (3)

2007-07-18 13:38:04

Tony Finch wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Ned Freed wrote:
In fact there are plenty of cases where submissions intentionally accept
messages they know are undeliverable just so they can send back a DSN
later. (We routinely have customers set things up this way.) The usual
reason for this is to work around incompetent clients that fail to
display error messages correctly or consistently. (Such clients are, sad
to say, fairly common in some places.)

I've heard reports that Windows Vista Mail ignores 550 replies it receives
after sending the message.

Hi Tony,

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean its marks the TRANSACTION as sent? even of the DATA response is 550? I hope that is not the case.

Do you have an references or links to these reports or keywords to search on? I googled the phrase (without quotes), Windows Vista Mail ignores 550 replies, and I didn't see anything that stood out.

Tony, you are a well respected person in the community. People "listen" to you. It serves us well if you have any references to this report.

Thanks.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO