Re: SMTP Transferred-By-Reference

2007-11-12 15:11:23

At 07:09 12-11-2007, John Leslie wrote:
   This quite specifically allows reputation-checking to proceed at
leisure, not subject to time constraints (except for recipients who
demand sub-millisecond delivery of every spam message ;^)

We won't have the entire message to make a proper assessment. Reputation-checking only works with known senders. Recipients expect zero spam and instant delivery of their emails. :-)

TBR assumes a direct path to retrieve the message. That's not always the case for Internet mail. There may also be HTTP proxies in between which may affect message retrieval.

The main problem these days is not storage. Email may be seen as fire and forget. I gather that your draft attempts to reverse that. That may not have that much impact on "questionable" senders as they have unlimited resources and a propensity to overcome the hurdles.

Regards,
-sm