Re: Fixing graylisting [was TBR]

2007-11-17 08:22:08

John Leslie writes:
>    It may be worth noting that sender address rewrite should not be
>    done when forwarding a message via TBR.
>
>    (I can't offhand think of a reason you'd actually want to...)

Sieve processors executing redirect statement are permitted to change
the MAIL FROM, or leave it.

With one important exception: If the return address is empty you're not
supposed to fill it in. If you do you can end up creating a bounce loop.

I've been wondering if this restriction/concern needs to be mentioned in
2821bis.

There are arguments in favour of both
behaviours. If it's changed, it'll probably be to teh owner of the
sieve script, or to <>.

Blanking the address is of course permissible, but as you say, there are arguments either way.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled greylisting/TBR debate...

                                Ned