Re: 2821bis consideration - New 2nd attempt Retry Strategy recommendation

2007-11-17 10:00:16

Hi Hector,
At 04:13 17-11-2007, Hector Santos wrote:
Care to share a few?

We already discussed that in a previous thread some time back. The sender's address or the IP address can be different on the retry.

We do have a very aggressive system, and thats what they want. Wouldn't have any other way. We all don't have to be the same, right?

Right. :-)

Its only high if its problem across the board. I'm not going to worry about the few (Pareto principle). Also, 4 vs 2 is not much a difference, but what does high translate too? Overhead? For whom? Are we dealing with a down system? a session level 45x reject?

It may require more resources, for the sender, if the host was down. The system may have to catch up while keeping up with current messages being queued. The sending strategy should take into account the impact it may have on the receiver. That host can only service a limited number of connections.

Regards,
-sm