Re: current usage of AAAA implicit MX?

2008-04-04 03:04:18

Tony Hansen wrote:

Before we can put the issue of AAAA implicit MX to bed, we need to get an answer to the question of how much AAAA implicit MX is already being used in the real world.

I'm not sure that this is that significant anyway.

For a sending server, if it tries an implicit AAAA when it shouldn't, then it's no biggy, it's just wasting its own resources For a receiving server, it shouldn't (assuming any level of sensible internal authorisation procedures) take long to add an MX record if the standard requires it.

Paul