Re: current usage of AAAA implicit MX?

2008-04-04 10:44:12

Tony Hansen wrote:

Thanks for the tweak to the nose Dave. ;-)

By "AAAA implicit MX", I mean: What happens if there is no MX record?

ahh.  understand.

May I suggest that we call it what it is:  No-MX.

It's simple and -- small pun -- direct. No overloading or bias. No chance of misunderstanding.

As for querying what people are already doing, that's always a good idea. I just want to make sure everyone know what is being queried.

d/

ps. While surveys are always useful, I'll repeat the observation that changing the query model for SMTP is out of scope. The current model is 1) look for MX, 2) look for address record (A and/or AAAA). Anything that removes step 2 is a model change.

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking