Re: deprecate implicit MX even for IPv4

2008-04-07 09:59:31

Michael Storz wrote:
my suggestion is in the same category as the try to sneak in semantics for
the new protocol IPv6. If this is part of the goal of the current work,
than I am allowed to make such a suggestion. As long as nobody tried to do
that, I did not post anything.

The fact that someone makes a proposal that might be out of scope doesn't automatically make it ok for others to make proposals that might be out of scope.

Changing the installed base is not in scope, nevermind changing an installed base that has been solid and stable for 20 years and nevermind that it involves a change for which there is no demonstrated problem.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking