Re: I-D Action:draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-10.txt

2008-04-16 07:25:17

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Exim users can comply by disabling the sender_verify variable

That's a version 3 option so it hasn't been supported for many years.
If Exim 4 is compiled to support IPv6 then it will accept AAAA-only
addresses, though you can disable this on IPv4-only hosts.

I doubt that it makes sense to accept email from
test(_at_)ipv6(_dot_)l(_dot_)google(_dot_)com
on a system that can only communicate with IPv4 addresses.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: SOUTHEAST 5 TO 7, PERHAPS GALE 8 LATER IN MALIN. MODERATE OR