Re: I-D Action:draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-10.txt

2008-04-16 13:55:19

Tony Finch wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Ned Freed wrote:
I doubt that it makes sense to accept email from
test(_at_)ipv6(_dot_)l(_dot_)google(_dot_)com
on a system that can only communicate with IPv4 addresses.

I foresee some company setting up an IPv6 to IPv4 e-mail relay for
individuals or other companies that only have IPv6 addresses.

For an IPv4-only receiving system, would this appear as an e-mail from
test(_at_)ipv6(_dot_)l(_dot_)google(_dot_)com (even though it comes over the
IPv4 link)?  At
that point, would it make sense to accept the message?

Willie Gillespie

<snip rest of message>