Re: SendMail follows a NO RETRY 5yz logic as defined by specs.

2008-08-11 02:21:57

Hi Hector,

switch (rcode)
{
  case EX_OK:
break;

  case EX_TEMPFAIL:
  case EX_IOERR:
  case EX_OSERR:
q->q_state = QS_QUEUEUP;
break;

  default:
q->q_state = QS_BADADDR;
break;
}

It is clear, it will only requeue (QS_QUEUEUP) for a EX_TEMPFAIL

Yes, apparently clear *whenever* this switch is executed.
But *whenever* could include after RCPT TO 4xx and 5xx.

Which is precisely what many others here said, the post-
DATA 2/4/5 switch affects what is left after a RCPT 2xx.

All RCPT 4xx and RCPT 5xx were already handled *before*
DATA, possibly in the same piece of code you have quoted.

I'm far too lazy to find a source and check this, I only
point out that the mere existence of this switch doesn't
mean that it's only used after DATA 2/4/5.

Clearly there must be some code dealing with RCPT 2/4/5,
please check that, too.

 Frank