Re: New Version Notification for draft-macdonald-antispam-registry-00

2010-03-26 15:50:33

On Mar 26, 2010, at 1:11 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org [mailto:owner-ietf-
smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Todd Herr
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 10:02 AM
To: ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: New Version Notification for draft-macdonald-antispam-
registry-00

Has anyone heard of any problems dealing with Yahoo!'s 421 4.16.55?

 http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/errors/421-ts01.html

If not, then we can probably expect the same with x.8.y, yes?

I haven't heard of any MTA that actually looks at ESCs, but that's just me.

StrongMail I know does and I think Message Systems does.

I'm interested in the SMTP conversation being the only conversation
that needs to take place about a given message.  To the extent that
something like this proposal can get me to that goal, without driving
follow up questions from senders (e.g., "I got 554 5.8.5 unacceptable
content; what do I have to do to make my content acceptable?") then
I'm interested in seeing this move forward.

-Dennis