Re: Processing after the end of DATA

2010-08-11 09:04:44

On 8/11/2010 5:41 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
Again you are talking about outgoing email. Dave's question is about what you
do with incoming email: How much do you do before replying to <CRLF>.<CRLF>?

Arnt is correct that one of the actions that might be taken before responding to
the end of DATA is a delivery, possibly thereby involving an SMTP Sender
activity.

But as Tony notes, the specific nature of the action after <CRLF>.<CRLF>
wasn't my question. My question was solely about SMTP Receiver delay in making the response... for whatever reason -- and note that spam filtering was actually the trigger condition for the question, not message relaying. But again, the details weren't part of the question.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking