Re: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

2011-05-11 19:10:13

On May 11, 2011, at 3:15 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

I may be wrong, but I don't think either Keith or I are saying
"don't use blacklists in your systems".  Keith, I think, comes
closer than I do.   For all you know, I might even be using
blacklists as part of a scoring system (and I'm not telling).
What I think we are saying is:

      (i) Don't force me to use blacklists or otherwise force
      them on me or my mail.

No one forces you to use a blacklist or any filtering. Yes, it may be difficult
to find a commercial provider that doesn't run some sort of blacklist, whether
internally or externally maintained. However, you always have the option to run
your own mailserver and not check mail against any blacklists.  For instance,
we don't want mail blocked due to blocklists so we run our own server.

With all of that being said, I think this is out of scope for this particular
protocol discussion.

laura

--
Laura Atkins
Word to the Wise                        "The Deliverability Experts!"