Re: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

2011-05-11 16:26:34

With a sufficient quantity of spam in your mailbox, you can't even
find the real mail so it might as well not have been delivered.  BTDT.

False.  It just means that I get to choose the method of spam filtering rather
than having my ISP choose it for me.

You're assuming that your spam filters will work better than the DNSBLs you dislike. Experience with real mail systems (see papers at CEAS) strongly suggests that the error rate of a well run DNSBL is no worse and probably better than whatever you think you might like better.

Regards,