Re: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

2011-05-11 15:52:59

On May 11, 2011, at 1:02 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

On 05/11/2011 08:04 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
I've suffered far more harm from people blocking my incoming
mail due to input from DNSBLs, than I've ever suffered from
spammers.

How I envy you.

I think it depends a bit on how one measures "harm".  I tend to
feel significantly harmed when legitimate messages (either ones
I send or ones that are sent to me) are not delivered -- even
one or two a month is an intolerable level.

I've yet to find a filter, even the "read every message and filter manually"
that doesn't occasionally mis-file a mail. For instance, my spam load is high
enough that I lose one or two messages a month just because they get mixed up
in the spam and manually deleted.

This does seem to get worse with volume, though, so folks who only get a couple
hundred spams a day may not ever find that to be a problem.

laura

--
Laura Atkins
Word to the Wise                        "The Deliverability Experts!"