Re: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

2011-05-11 12:07:16

Dave,

Yes, I agree with your comments below. I thought I'd just throw in an alternate minority view. :-) Over the years RBL's have caused much grief in the systems here. My personal belief is that while they make an administrators life easier, they are bad for any business that can be hurt with false positives. From my perspective that is any business that relies on email for their primary means of communications.

So for what we do here, my preference is to continue to rely on more deterministic methods for keeping the unwanted message volume down, while at the same time keeping the false positive rate at or near zero.

Best Regards,

-- Tim