Re: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

2011-05-11 09:12:38

The problem I have with this argument is that blackhole lists, in my
experience, cause a large number of legitimate messages to fail to be
delivered.

Having gone to a lot of MAAWG meetings, and talked to people who run
the mail systems at every large ISP in the country, and quite a few in
other countries, I can report that their experience with DNSBLs is
utterly unlike yours.  There are plenty of incompetently run DNSBLs,
but nobody uses them so they don't matter.

I have my reservations about the wisdom or utility of providing fine
grained reports to people whose mail you don't accept, but not because
of error rates in DNSBLs.

R's,
John